The responsibility for the personal appearance of the student rests with the parent/guardian and the student. Personal appearance shall not detract from the educational process. The following establishes the minimum acceptable standards for student dress to be interpreted and enforced by the administration or designee.
- Students are required to wear closed-toe sneakers or tennis shoes on a daily basis. No other footwear is permitted. Shoes shall be secure on feet and worn at all times. Sneakers with wheels are not permitted.
- Apparel shall be adequate in both length and coverage to be considered appropriate for school. Shorts must be fingertip length or longer in order to be appropiate for school.
- Pants shall be worn fastened and at the waist.
- Shirts and blouses shall be appropriately fastened in accord with the design of that shirt or blouse. The length should extend beyond the waist level.
- Transparent or see-through tops, bare midriff, strapless, or low-cut clothing, or tops that provide minimum coverage or are of a suggestive nature are prohibited. Halters, spaghetti straps, backless dresses or tops, tub tops, tank tops, muscle shirts, or any clothing which may be distracting are prohibited.
- Any articles of clothing or jewelry that could likely cause injury, such as belts, chains, bracelets, rings, chokers, with or without spikes or studs, are prohibited. Wallet chains of any length are prohibited.
- Apparel, emblems, insignias, badges, or symbols that promote the use of alcohol, drugs, tobacco, or any other illegal activity are prohibited.
- Apparel or symbols which may be gang or cult-related are prohibited.
- Adornments which are attached (pierced) to expose body prts other than ears are prohibited.
- Tattoos are not permitted.
- The wearing on campus of hats, caps, headgear, bandanas or sunglasses, except in conjunction with designated school-approved uniforms or at authorized athletic practices or activities is prohibited. Hats and caps are not allowed except for sun protection while at P.E.
- Clothing with slogans or advertising which, by its controversial or obscene nature, disrupts the educational setting is prohibited.
- Hair coloring (i.e. blue, green, pink, etc.) or hair cuts that are distracting to the educational environment are prohibited.
- Make-up, glitter, and artifical fingernails are not prohibited.
THE PRINCIPAL OR DESIGNEE RESERVES THE RIGHT TO DETERMINE ADDITIONAL ITEMS THAT MAY BE DISTRACTING TO THE LEARNING ENVIRONMENT. ON SPECIAL OCCASIONS, THERE MAY BE SOME MODIFICATIONS MADE TO THE DRESS CODE. PARENTS WILL BE NOTIFIED OF SUCH IN ADVANCE.